In the recent conference of Blyth Valley Council these terms of refernce were created.
1. to make recommendations on the implications of issues important to the local area;
2. to contribute to the preparation of community strategies;
3. to contribute to Budget preparation by advising the Executive of local needs and priorities;
4. to monitor the delivery of council services within the area;
5. to enhance local democracy by identifying and providing opportunities for community consultation and participation and
6. to make reccommendations on the allocations of the County Council "Community Chest" resources within their area.
The council has teamed up with the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne to improve the methods of communication they have with members of the local community. Stage two students have been asked to prepare a Communications Strategy to meet the specific needs of the Blyth Valley Local Strategic Partnership.